Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Learn & Play: First Library Post

As part of Play&Learn@CML (Trumpet Fanfare!), we're supposed to post our greatest strengths and weaknesses on the 7 1/2 Habits of Effective Life-Long Learners matrix.

Okay, because I'm an optimistic kind of guy, I'll talk about a strength first. Item #3 suggests we view problems as challenges, and I'm all over that one. I love challenges, and I see all challenges as opportunities. I'm not easily discouraged by anything, and never discouraged by a problem--I look for solutions and keep going till the problem is solved or (as sometimes happens) no longer matters.

My big weakness is harder to choose because I have so many weaknesses. I'd say it was item # 7 1/2: "play." I love to play. I have so little time, however, that I usually work first and leave myself little time for play. I'm trying to prioritize play and have more simply have fun. Hey, I don't want to be known as the guy who had no fun. Somehow it just seems too ironic and post-modern to rigidly schedule play time, though, so wish me luck getting around to the fun stuff. Though who says work can't also be fun and play?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least this program is getting us all to 'play' at work. :D